Dr. Lindsay Clement
Chiropractor, Graston Technique Provider
I grew up in Sarnia, ON where I was actively involved in the community, especially in the local soccer scene. It was through my involvement with sports that I became interested in health, injury prevention and rehabilitation. This interest continued to grow when I attended McMaster University; I graduated with a Bachelor of Science (Kinesiology) with a Minor in Psychology. After university, I moved to Toronto to attend the four year Chiropractic Degree program at the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College. I joined Gloucester Centre Chiropractic as a Doctor of Chiropractic in September 2008.
Did you know that your body has an amazing capacity to heal itself? Chiropractic care assists your body's natural ability to heal and self-regulate. By improving the health and mechanics of the spine, we aim to enhance the function of the nervous system. After all, the nervous system is the master control system of the whole body!
In my general family practice I treat people of all ages, from infants to the elderly, including expectant mothers. From armchair athletes to weekend warriors and even elite athletes, I’ve seen them all!
(Want to learn more about chiropractic care for pregnant women and babies? Follow this link to a great video!)
As a chiropractor I aim to educate and motivate my patients to reach their health and wellness goals. The main techniques I use are Diversified, Thompson/drop pieces, Activator, myofascial release/soft tissue therapy and Mulligan Mobilizations with Movement. Rehabilitation, stretching/strengthening exercises, nutrition and ergonomic advice are integral components of my practice as I strive to help patients decrease pain and achieve their optimal health.
In addition to being a chiropractor, I am also a Graston Technique Provider (brochure, information, www.grastontechnique.com) and a Certified Thompson Practitioner and have my Webster Technique Certification. Several additional courses and hands-on seminars I have taken include those offered by the Mulligan Concept (Mobilizations with Movement), Activator Technique, Trigenics and Motion Palpation Institute.
In my spare time I enjoy playing and coaching soccer, playing volleyball, working out, reading and visiting with friends and family.
- Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College
- Doctor of Chiropractic Degree
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude with Clinic Honours
- McMaster University
- Honours B.Sc. (Kin), Minor in Psychology
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude with Distinction
- 2013 Webster Technique Certification
- 2008 Graston Technique: Module 2 (Upper and Lower Extremities/Spine) Certification
- 2008 Thompson Technique Seminar Series: Certified Thompson Practitioner
- 2008 Mulligan Concept: Upper Quadrant Certification
- 2007 Graston Technique: Module 1 (Basic Training) Certification
- 2006 Trigenics Institute of Myoneural Medicine: Registered Trigenics Practitioner
ADDITIONAL COURSES & SEMINARS
- 2013 International Chiropractic Pediatrics Association - (1) Perinatal Care/Care of Pregnant Female, (2) Chiropractic Family Wellness
- 2011 Dr. Len Faye Technique Seminar
- 2011 Pediatric Technique Seminar
- 2010 Low Back and Leg Disorders Course
- 2010 Academy of Medicine Ottawa Clinical Day
- 2009 Standard First Aid and CPR Level HCP, including AED Training
- 2009 Paediatric Intensive Seminar, Dr. Liz Anderson-Peacock
- 2008 Ergonomic Training Workshop
- 2008 Clinical Chiropractic Biomechanics Seminar (Orthotics)
- 2008 Cleveland Clinic Canada: Endurance Athlete Symposium
- 2007 Shockwave Therapy: Information and Training Session
- 2007 Meditech: Low Intensity Laser Therapy Information and Training Session
- 2007 Clinical Management & Adjusting Seminar
- 2007 Jedi Adjusting Seminar
- 2006 The TMJ to Toes Workshop
- 2006 Activator Methods Chiropractic Technique: Track 1
- 2005 Motion Palpation Institute (MPI): Cervicals and Thoracics
- 2005 SWIS (Society of Weight Training Injury Specialists) Symposium
- 2005 Motion Palpation Institute (MPI): Lumbar Spine and Pelvis (Spine 1)
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT (Ottawa and Area)
- 2011 - Present: FC Capital United Soccer Club - Club Secretary
- 2010 - 2012: FC Capital United - Coach, '00/'01 Girls Soccer Teams
- 2010 - Present: Ontario Soccer Association - Team Therapist: Provincial Satellite Program and R5 Girls & Boys Regional Teams